Saturday, December 01, 2007

Graduate test topics

Today I received the topics that I must present at my test. Let me explain to you how the test is going to go:

The test, an oral exam, lasts 1 hour. The student is presented in front of a jury, composed normally of 3 to 5 members. During the first 15 minutes, the student must present the first topic assigned. During the next 15 minutes, the student must present the second topic. And the remaining 30 minutes are dedicated to what I call "Fire at Will": the jury will ask whatever they want, about whatever they want.

Well, today, 4 days before test, they gave us candidates the topics to present. Mine are the following:

Topic I
Equity and private property
Luckily for me, I got his topic, not only one that I enjoy a lot, but one that I dominate confidently.

Topic II
The concept of family at its historical evolution
Honestly, I do not enjoy Family Law. But luckily, I got a very simple topic. Here, I have to talk about the concept of family from a legal perspective, as well as how the family and its law have evolved across time.

The test begins on Wednesday, 5th December.
Wish me luck :-)

Regards,
Luis.

No comments: