Saturday, April 19, 2008

Graduation Time

Some time ago I expressed to you my satisfaction that I had approved all the required tests to graduate from Law School. Today, the graduation ceremony took place.

Though I had no high expectations for this event, but a formality that had to be fulfilled, it turned out to be a very satisfying and enjoyable morning. Lots of people from different careers were graduating, and it was good to see some people who took courses with me, but then separated, and were finally there graduating as I was.

The event made me think about people's own desires and aspirations, and reminded me that everyone has dreams and goals to achieve. This morning was a great event for everyone of us, our relatives and our families, since a goal, a big-league goal, had been achieved. Now, the future of our careers and life lays in our hands. Which one of us will continue studying and excel? Why ones are overperformers, which ones will just "play along", and which ones will fall in the mediocrity trap of underperformance? We are fortunate to have the answer to those questions in our hands.

Related to this recognition that I have achieved, I have a lot of people to thank. My first gratitude goes to my family, and specially my mother. Even though one's achievements become a reality because of one's own efforts and sacrifice, there is always people out there encouraging, giving support, and pushing you to expand the limits you thought were your last boundaries.

I must also express my gratitude to Federico Malavassi. You see, Federico is a huge personality. A very respected politician, he has occupied the seat as congressman, and he can be remembered by his strong and fierce political stands. On the academic arena, he is a marvelous teacher, more than a teacher, a mentor. He is one of the most literate people I have ever met, and along with him I have learned a ton of invaluable wisdom. Along my entire studies he was my tutor and mentor, and this victory would have probably not been possible without his help and support.

So, I am now officially a Law School graduate with a Bachellor's Cum Laude Probatus ("with honors", in latin) degree. But there is more to come, actually, much more. You'll find out soon, but in the meantime, you can enjoy the graduation pictures here:

Graduation UACA


Regards,
Luis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.